Sunday, March 16, 2008

Showering in Nature

Greg is chatting on the phone and I am finding it hard to concentrate, my stomach is very full and the taste of Chinese is lingering in my throat. We are unpacked and about to jump into showers and complete the rituals of a weekend away. I feel totally relaxed, we have basked in the last rays of summer, perfect blue sky days and nippy nights which make the bed inviting.

My favourite moment today was a long mid morning shower in the open air bathroom, the gushing of water blending with the chatting of birds, particularly one Rosella who watched us all morning. Playful rainbows jumped around me as the sun cut through the drops, enfolded in the warm water and the fresh smell of soap as I looked up into the paper bark gums and clear blue sky. I felt grounded and totally in the moment, alive yet calm. It really captured for me a grace that I want to invite into my life everyday, a harmony I want to breathe in during chaotic moments, and an energy that I want to draw up from the earth.

No comments: