Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Time to Gut It




I have started renovations on my writing desk, I have a writing nook that I used for four years while I was studying, it was here that I turned up the radio, sang along loudly and composed the essay’s that set me on fire with their ideas and the expression of those ideas onto the page. I am surrounded by images that I used to collect from galleries, book stores and from the university. They are tacked to my wall like post it notes reminding me of what is, was important to me in my life. Unfortunately they have been stuck in a time warp for the last 2 years and the reminders are stale. My used PC sits on the corner vying for my attention, which I am no longer willing to give. I realize that it all needs an overhaul, I need to gut it and start again. I need new reminders, I need space, and I need fresh energy. Today is the first day in 2 years that I have come here and written something, the fire and passion that used to course through my head and into my fingers has disappeared, as soon as I sat down, I felt tired. I thought it just needed a tidy up but my body tells me it time for everything to go.

No comments: